KLI Colloquia are informal, public talks that are followed by extensive dissussions. Speakers are KLI fellows or visiting researchers who are interested in presenting their work to an interdisciplinary audience and discussing it in a wider research context. We offer three types of talks:
1. Current Research Talks. KLI fellows or visiting researchers present and discuss their most recent research with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
2. Future Research Talks. Visiting researchers present and discuss future projects and ideas togehter with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
3. Professional Developmental Talks. Experts about research grants and applications at the Austrian and European levels present career opportunities and strategies to late-PhD and post-doctoral researchers.
- The presentation language is English.
- If you are interested in presenting your current or future work at the KLI, please contact the Scientific Director or the Executive Manager.
“All of us must speak up and take responsibility for our corner of the world” (Kevin Laland, Nature 2020)
“To speak the language of diversity is to participate in the creation of a world” (Sara Ahmed, On being included, 2012)
- Raising awareness on diversity/discrimination on a personal and structural level
- Raising awareness of the effects of individual and social discrimination due to privilege or belonging to a minority
- Reflecting on one's own prejudices and stereotypes
- Analyzing different aspects of one's own identity and that of others
- Analyzing different aspects of one's own digital identity and speech styles